The MCAE Shih-Pau Yen Computer Lab offers computing and printing services for University of Minnesota students.
Up to $20 in FREE printing is available per semester for registered students!
- Register online (takes about 2 minutes)
- It may take up to two weeks before funds are available on your U-Card.
- Free printing is only available when used in the MCAE Shih-Pau Yen Computer Lab.
You can print directly from your laptop!
- Download the software for Mac OS.
- Dowload the software for Windows.
- Send the print job from anywhere on campus! Then come to the lab, swipe your U-Card, and take your prints!
Technology and features
- Desktop computers
- Height-adjustable sit/stand desks
- Semi-private group study room
- Computers feature Zoom Text (screen magnification) and JAWS (screen reader) applications.
Hours and location
- 27 Appleby Hall
- 9:00am—6:00pm (occasionally closed for workshops and trainings)
- Closed during the summer
The MCAE Shih-Pau Yen Computer Lab is named after Yen Shih-Pau, former director of Academic and Distributed Computer Services. Yen's guidance made the University of Minnesota one of the first universities to have email.
Contact the MCAE Shih-Pau Yen Computer Lab Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.